Univision needed support for the digital operations team to capture all unsuccessful video syndication from source [Video provider application] to destination [Content publishing application]. Univision is an American Spanish-language free-to-air television network content provider.
As video content types are the current most popular content types being viewed by customers, Univision wanted to make sure all videos sent from the video provider application are being sent correctly and delivered to the CMS without issues.
- Time issues: As the videos weren’t successfully syndicated to the CMS, the digital operation team spent a lot of time investigating which videos have not made it successfully to the CMS and the reason for the error.
- Maintenance issues: As the Video provider application and the CMS are getting updates frequently, Univision wanted to make sure that nothing is getting broken from system updates or API updates or automated business processes.
- Testing Cost: The cost of acquiring technologies like Load Runner to test the server was too high for a one-time event.
- Created two new systems (Syndication Check, Load time Engine) to monitor the syndication done between the provider application, the CMS and any other application needed using latest technologies such (Spring boot and Rxjava). This would detect any errors throughout the process, in addition to providing the results and the error reasons in a short time.
- Created a UI system that non-technical users from the digital operations team could monitor and follow up on the errors found by the monitoring system.